Boston Dating Guide
Boston is a great place to meet new people, make friends and spend a romantic weekend with your dear. Boston is about rich history and culture. It mixes different architectural styles, Modern and Gothic, skyscrapers and old English manors. This city has become home to many nationalities and religions. Once you start exploring the city, you won't be able to stop. You are free to visit festivals, concerts, master classes and other events where interesting people of different occupations unite. Bostonians are fond of sports and love to eat, so the city has developed various sports fields and a restaurant market. In this article you will find a selection of unusual Boston making friends ideas.
Where and How to Meet People in Boston?
- The simplest and most obvious answer is a public park. Go, for example, to Lawn on D Park, which is located in South Boston. The Park is surrounded by beautiful buildings, business centers and shops, where many sport activities are held. This is a great place to make friends, play games and enjoy the city.
- If you are single and want to make new acquaintances, we advise you to pay attention to the online platform Meetup. It is a great social network for adults. Specify your location, fill in the «Interests» box, and the network itself offers you a selection of dating events that you would like to visit. You may sign up for a conversation or book club, attend a lecture on ancient Greek sophistry, go to a master class on indoor plants, or just come play board games with a pleasant company.
- You may want to spend the evening in a relaxed atmosphere, and at the same time hang out with new people. Then you take a tour dates of the Deaton Giles Distillery. Along the way, you learn more about the production of alcoholic beverages, such as Liquid Damnation. The tour ends in the tasting room, so that all participants try drinks and chat with each other.
- Another great way to make friends in Boston is to go to a free summer yoga class at Boston Common. Life in the metropolis is quite stressful, so exercises help you relax and find peace of mind. Just imagine: beautiful nature, good weather, professional instructors and more than 200 strangers, including your future friends or love.
- There is nothing better than an evening dance in a fun company. If you are sad and bored, be sure to visit Boston Swing Central, a dance club where live music is played and people of all ages and occupations are whirling in an energetic dance until the morning. You can also take pre-swing lessons if you are in doubt about your abilities.
- On the first Friday of every month, from 18:00 to 21:30, the Museum of Fine Arts opens its doors to those who are obsessed with art and casual dating. Good company and delicious cocktails are waiting for you in halls filled with masterpieces. Book your tickets in advance as they are sold out very quickly!
- Looking for a fun thing to do in Boston for adults? Become a member of a sports League. Social Sports Boston offers a large selection of leagues throughout Boston, making this activity convenient and accessible to all citizens. Perhaps, you will meet your love or people who shares your passion for sports here. Choose any - basketball, football, baseball, volleyball and more.
- Have you ever tried speed Dating? This entertainment is perfect for bold and curious enthusiasts. If you are ready to open up to a stranger and know what a good self-presentation is, then you should try this way of Boston dating. Learn more about the locations and rules of the game on the site SpeedDatingBoston.
- The weekend is ahead and you are trying to figure out how to spend it. The Amazing Singles Boston free dating site has already prepared a full list of events for singles from Boston. Among them are golf tournaments, cruises, dancing, coffee-house gatherings, brunches, wine tasting, hiking, and even volunteer activities. Leave the TV series, sofa and pizza for the winter and now discover a new experience on the streets of Boston!
- Want to meet foreigners without travelling abroad? Boston attracts a lot of tourists, so itis be quite easy to chat with guys or girls from Europe or South America. Just choose any attraction and go in search of new friends. Here are some of the locations: Faneuil Hall Marketplace, South Shore Plaza, Prudential Center Boston, Burlington Mall, Assembly Row and Cambridge Side.
Where to Go On a Date in Boston?
You have already met a special person at one of the date nights or during outdoor yoga classes. Now it's time for a tete-a-tete. Even in a large and busy city, it is more and more difficult to find an unusual place for love meetings, because you want to surprise your partner and make an impression. Do not despair, there is the top of Boston first date ideas below.
- The Paint Bar (248 Newbury St)
If you like not only to drink, but also to have fun, then be sure to visit this bar. Your partner will be interested to see what picture you draw after a couple of cocktails. Each session is about 3 hours, and paints and brushes are given out directly at the bar. At the end of the evening, you will be drunk and happy and perhaps learn a lot about each other.
- Judson B. Coit Observatory (725 Commonwealth Ave)
Bright night. Stars and just the two of you. What could be more romantic? After dinner, go to the Observatory and grab your binoculars. In autumn and winter, you can watch the stars on Wednesdays at 7: 30 PM, in summer and spring – at 8:30 PM.
- Abigail's Tea Room (306 Congress St)
If you're both from Boston, then you like to drink tea. No wonder Boston was considered the capital of New England. It is a great idea for Boston tea party date! In Abigail's, try five types of tea and eat rolls, cookies, cakes and even pies. Woman dressed in colonial fashion meet you. This date definitely appeals to lovers of history and unique atmosphere.
- North End
The North End area is also known as Little Italy. It is never quiet or boring here. Lively streets, small cafes and restaurants, Italian pastry shops and national flavor. In the heart of the district is the Freedom trail, which is a pleasant walk on a hot summer day.
- Spectacle Island (Boston Harbour)
Just a 20-minute drive from Boston Harbor, the island offers stunning views of the city and surrounding areas. Feel free to take the ferry to the island and spend the whole day there. There is a special romance in picnics by the water.
- Mount Auburn Cemetery (Harvard Sq)
Have you ever thought of setting up a date in a cemetery? It sounds shocking, we understand. However, Bostonians are alien to such stereotypes. They believe that Mount Auburn Cemetery is a worthy place for love. It is a national historical monument and is also an arboretum and wildlife sanctuary. Couples walk through a hollow with a pond, climb the Washington tower to look at the evening city. Then hungry lovers rush to the Harvest restaurant, one of the best restaurants in the area. There is a chic bar, a main hall and a private patio with an outdoor fireplace.
- Theater Performing arts space (Downtown)
Art awakens feelings and emotions in us. The performances of the Boston ballet at the Opera house are very spectacular and diverse. You can visit traditional production in whimsical scenery («Swan lake») or modern visually monochrome performance, such as "Obsidian Tear". After the ballet, go to the Japanese sushi bar on the second floor of Millennium Tower.
- Walks and tours Waterfront
What could be better than a cruise on Boston Harbor in the company of friends or a beloved one? The Odyssey departs from Rowes Wharf to take its guests for a breezy ride on the water and treat them to dinner and music. If you don't like loud dance tracks, you are free to go on deck and enjoy Boston and its attractions.
- Hotels Back Bay
You're already tired of parks and restaurants and want something special. Take your partner to the Spa at the Mandarin Oriental hotel. You will find yourself in a spacious and luxurious room with a marble bathroom and a sauna. Asian treatments and fragrant incense help you relax and get closer. After the Spa, head to the hotel's Boulud bar for a delicious dinner overlooking the city's busy streets.
- Top of The Hub at the Prudential Center
Are your romantic dates not working out? You've just never been to Top of the Hub. This is the center of Boston nightlife. The restaurant is located on the 52nd floor of the Prudential Center in the back Bay, so you can enjoy a stunning city views. Jazz musicians perform in the restaurant's lounge every night. The chef delights visitors with oysters and squid. This date will cost you a lot of money, but it's definitely worth a try.
- BoardGame Empire
If you and your significant other are fans of Board games, then don't even hesitate and join these guys. BoardGame Empire is a company that hosts themed game meetings in cool breweries throughout Boston. Play a game created by local designers at their Indie board game showcase or make your own game at their design-a-game night.
- Charles River walk
There is nothing like rent a kayak for just $ 16 an hour and take a romantic boat ride on the Charles river! You may start your trip from the Brighton/Allston spot, grab dinner and drinks in the center and go back down to the water in the Kendal location, relax in the kayak and then paddle across the Esplanade, admiring the views of the sailboats and the horizon. Devote the whole day to a date, it is a great memory for both of you.
- Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
This spot must be the most romantic place in Boston. The Museum has its own courtyard, decorated with statues and floral arrangements. In the summer, there is a cafe in the garden, which is open until late in the evening. Have no doubt, just invite your girlfriend/ boyfriend to the Museum, and the date will work itself out! Don't forget to look into the garden after sunset!
- Wilbur Theatre (246 Tremont) and Kowloon Comedy (948 Broadway)
You both love to laugh and are already bored with sugary dating, then visit one of the Comedy clubs in Boston. On the club's websites, you can check the schedule of performances of certain comedians. If you want something more grandiose, then go to the Boston theater!
Some of our favorite restaurants and cocktail bars for dating in Boston:
- Ocean Prime
- Hungry I
- Parker’s Restaurant
- Mamma Maria
- Tavern In The Square
- Eastern Standard
- Scholars Bistro & Cocktail Lounge
- jm Curley
- The Publick House
- Trina's Starlite Lounge
- Drinking Fountain
- The Hawthorne
- The Gallows
- The Field
It's never boring or lonely in Boston if you know where to go and how to meet good people. In the modern world, we have access to various platforms and locations to meet strangers. Check out: dating apps, speed dating, outdoor dancing in parks, sports tournaments and theme nights. Date on the roof of a skyscraper or in a shady garden? No problems! The world of Boston dating is open and waiting for you. It has become much easier to meet people and explore Boston with Promenad, because we chose Boston as a “pilot” region to promote our site. Now you'll never be alone! Join Promenad for free!